Four Ways to Choose the Right Caregiver
A home care professional is responsible for the safety and well-being of a senior. They have unfettered access to the senior, their home and all their belongings. They may also drive the senior to appointments. Hiring the right in-home caregiver for you or a loved one requires you to place a lot of trust in the professional whom you choose. You should always ask a home care professional the following questions, to ensure you get the appropriate type of care support:
- What kind of services do you provide?
- Do you provide services to people in their homes, nursing homes or assisted living communities?
- Are services available 24 hours, 7 days a week?
- Can I change or discontinue the services my loved one receives?
- Will I have a choice of who comes to my home?
Take the following steps before hiring a home care agency.